Many studies and ongoing research gives evidence that fasting – the voluntary abstention from solid food and stimulants for a limited period of time – has tremedous health benefits. Here is a list of some of the some of the physical benefits.
When you fast, you …
- Human growth hormone increases. Your cells also initiate important cellular repair processes and change which genes they express.
- consume less calories, while boosting your metabolism. It is a very effective tool to lose weight and belly fat.
- Lower blood sugar levels which helps to protect against type 2 diabetes.
- reduce oxidative damage and inflammation in your body. This slows down
- can improve numerous risk factors for heart disease such as blood pressure, cholesterol levels, triglycerides and inflammatory markers.
- trigger a metabolic pathway called autophagy, which removes waste material from cells. This involves broken down cells and metabolizing broken and dysfunctional proteins that build up inside cells over time.
- increase growth of new neurons which helps protect the brain from damage.
- help protect yourself against neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s disease.
- trigger processes which extend your lifespan and help you to stay younger longer.
- will slow down aging and the development of numerous diseases.